Resident horticulturist, Keith Kirsten, says get your garden ready for spring.
- Plant gladiolus cormouses; start watering dahlias; feed daylilies and other lilies (Lillium spp.) with general fertiliser.
- Start preparing your ground for new planting of winter annuals and vegetables.
- Air, fertilise and water your lawns thoroughly.
- Give fruit trees their first fertiliser; cover the soil and water.
- Plant vegetable seeds for beetroot; beans; carrots; cucumbers; radish; spinach and tomatoes.
- Plant summer flowering annuals such as alyssum, poppies, lobelias, petunias and verbenas.