Horticuturist Keith Kirsten provides advice on getting your garden September-ready.
- Sow seeds of all summer-flowering plants like amaranthus, begonias, solenostemon (Coleus), cosmos, impatiens, lobelias and nicotiana
- Plant the following bulbs: arum lilies and flame lilies
- Feed hydrangeas and water thoroughly
- Water your irisses regularly
- Excellent low hedges to plant include: cuphea “lemon & ice”, cuphea “lemon squash” and duranta “mini gold”
- Sow the following vegetables: beetroot, carrots, cucumber, spanspek, parsley, pumpkins, radishes and tomatoes