Clorox South Africa is very proud to announce that its newly improved Glad Cling Wrap with 1.5x Tighter Seal, has been voted Product of the Year 2016 in a survey of over 5,000 South African consumers in the Food Packaging category.
For over 45 years in South Africa, GLAD has been making products that keep food fresh for longer and with the latest technology, the products only keep getting better, the company says.
Product of the Year (POY) is the world’s largest consumer-voted award for product innovation. Established 25 years ago in France, POY currently operates in 28 countries with the same purpose: To guide consumers to the best products in their market and reward manufacturers for quality and innovation. In South Africa, the Product of the Year seal is backed by the votes of 5,000 consumers, serving as a shortcut for shopper decision-making in the supermarket, saving them time and money. For manufacturers of the winning products, the award is a powerful marketing message proven to increase product trial, awareness, distribution and sales.
The new GLAD Cling Wrap, which now has “a 50% better cling”, won in the Food Packaging category because of these great new features and benefits:
- Tighter seal
- New Easy Roll Start for finding the start of the roll easily
- A GLAD Grab stick ‘n’ stay spot that holds your Glad Wrap in place for next use
- An end of roll reminder that lets you know there is only 2m of wrap left
- Abundance of uses including storing, meal portioning, preparing, steaming and protecting
- Available in different lengths
- The 30m rolls have a new cutter bar location for easier dispensing
- The 40m, 50m and 100m are pre-perforated for convenient and easy use.