How to buy a home – Here’s how your property is transferred
How much do you really know about the home buying process? Sure, house hunting is fun and playing with online calculators does give you an idea of how much house you can afford. But what should you know before you even sign an offer to purchase?
This is what you can do to ensure that your transaction runs smoothly, from start to finish:
- Obtain the agency’s pro forma agreement before making an offer and go through it carefully.
- Determine whether the Consumer Protection Act is applicable to your transaction.
- Contact your bank or a bond originator and establish the amount for which you qualify.
- Calculate your transfer costs and bond registration fees before making an offer using the MCostcalculator.
- Obtain the sectional title body corporate and/or homeowners’ association rules beforehand and go through them.
- Make sure you have a tax number and get you tax affairs in order.
- Make sure you have an original identity document and proof of physical address not older than 3 months for FICA purposes.
- Request your bank or the bond originator to appoint MC van der Berg as your bond registration attorney.