A new real estate agency was launched recently, focusing on bringing together conveyancing attorneys to handle the entire selling process – from start to finish.
The Attorney Realtor Hub looks set to enable participating law firms to offer a modern, easy-to-use and financially beneficial solution to property sellers and buyers alike. Attorneys market and sell properties through their own legal practice and can make use of the tools offered by the “Hub”.
“Attorneys who make use of the Hub tools are leveraging cutting-edge technology to offer sellers and buyers much greater value in the ‘full circle’ of the sales process than has traditionally been the case,” founding member and property attorney, Meyer de Waal. “The Attorney Realtor Hub will provide member firms with a range of tech-savvy tools for the property market. They will be able to use these tools to assist their clients with the marketing and sale of their properties, as well as for finance applications and for the actual transfer process itself. Homeowners will also be able to search the Attorney Realtor Hub website to find attorneys to assist them with the sale of their properties.”
These include access to service-level agreements with property technology companies such as a powerful and state-of-the-art Virtual Reality Tour portal and residential property educator HomeTimes’ more than 300,000 Facebook followers. Using Facebook Live technology, HomeTimes will take potential buyers ‘inside’ the home and allow them to interact with and ask questions about the dimensions and features of the home, in real time!
“Buyers will also be able to access a quick and easy online, paperless home loan indicator, giving both buyers and sellers all the benefits of a home loan indicator “check-before-you-buy” process,” said de Waal, noting that buyers will also benefit from the online educational homeownership guides developed. “Our vision is to assist a home buyer to make an educated and responsible decision when they are ready to buy their own property. We developed this comprehensive course combining our extensive property experience; our research showed that almost 50% of home buyers are first-time home buyers.
“While we do have competitors in this space already, we believe our full-suite product offering is unique, innovative and forward-thinking in an environment where sellers and buyers alike are desperately looking for greater value. Attorneys will feel right at home, too, not having to rely exclusively on estate agents to bring them business.”
The Hub’s key benefits
- Only cash or prequalified buyers are introduced to sellers
- Viewing of properties is revolutionised with modern Virtual Reality Tour technology
- Sales commission is limited to only 2.5% (plus VAT)
- A qualified attorney as a property realtor assists sellers and buyers to negotiate and conclude the largest and most important financial transaction many will make in their lifetime
- First-time home buyers receive free guidance, assistance and education in the process of buying a property and applying for a home loan
- Assistance is provided in applying for a FLISP government subsidy as a qualifying first-time home buyer
- Assistance is provided to a buyer to improve his or her credit rating or affordability if a home loan is declined. This is achieved by improving the buyer’s credit profile and affordability over a period of a few months
- Innovative home buying solutions are facilitated, such as rent2buy and/or installment sale agreements
- Home loan applications are fast-tracked
- Convenient uploading of all FICA and supporting documents, with online sharing and distribution to all role-players as required
Property attorneys interested in applying for Attorney Realtor Hub services and tools can contact any of the founders: Meyer de Waal firstname.lastname@example.org, Charlene Nolte-Joubert email@example.com, Chris Fick firstname.lastname@example.org, and Giles Buswell email@example.com