Not all renovations or upgrades are created equally – some period features of older homes add beautiful value to your home and should never be updated but other features are better left in the past. “While certain décor features are timeless, others are very time specific

READ MORE

As anyone who has a Facebook business page will tell you, followers are not free. In the property space, there are many competing pages which makes retaining and attracting new followers increasingly expensive – think in the R10,000-plus region per month! As South Africa’s biggest Facebook

READ MORE

On 22 June, the City of Tshwane issued a statement that no clearance figures would be issued from 1 to 24 July 2018. This communication was based on the planned Municipal Standard Chart of Accounts (mSCOA) go-live date by the city and through mitigation plans initiated

READ MORE

According to a poll conducted by HomeTimes, 48% of South African tenants receive their rental deposit back in full on the conclusion of their rental term. The remaining 52% of tenants report that they received a portion of their rental back. While we did not ask the

READ MORE

It’s almost hump day; if you find yourself longing for the weekend by Tuesday afternoon you desperately need to continue reading because you need to give yourself a break. Author, Katrina Onstad had a light bulb moment when her son confessed to her that he feels

READ MORE

Q Hi, I entered into a verbal rental agreement with my landlord. What are my rights as he wants to increase my rental by more than 10%. I cannot afford to move out right now. - Jo A Got a question? Email david@hometimes.co.za

READ MORE

A career, the work environment and professionalism are constantly evolving with more and more professionals choosing to consult, work flexi hours, work from home or start their own ventures. The way in which we work might be changing, but some rules remain golden when it comes

READ MORE