Is the seller you are buying from really the legal owner of the home? It’s imperative buyers clarify this before signing an offer to purchase, according to Shaun Rademeyer, CEO of bond originator, BetterLife.
“This may sound peculiar but we have heard of several instances, for
Home sales in Hout Bay are expected to hit the R1bn mark this year. This is according to Stephen Cross, sales manager for Seeff Hout Bay and Llandudno, who said at the end of August property sales valued at R615m had already been concluded in
Tenants and home buyers moving house at the end of the month or in a few months’ time need to consider three real-life scenarios when taking out home contents’ insurance: you will probably need a separate policy for the actual move; if doing it yourself,
Seven out of 10 of South Africa’s most home-dense estates have also enjoyed the most buying and selling activity over the past five years.
This is according to numbers by property data company, Lightstone Property, which shows that the same three estates share in the highest
Tenants are paying R6,570.50 on average to rent a house in South Africa, according to Q2 2016 stats from PayProp Group.
This is a 6.4% increase compared with the same period in 2015, with the company’s CEO, Louw Liebenberg, saying the figures show a welcome return to
The latest decision by the Monetary Policy Committee of the South African Reserve Bank to leave the repo rate unchanged has been welcomed by South Africans. This means that the repo rate remains at 7% with the prime lending rate at 10.5%.
This decision did not
Property developer, Blok, today launched TENONQ - its largest development to date. Situated in Sea Point between Kloof and Regent Roads, the eight-storey building will house 53 pet-friendly apartments.
“Although we have increased the quantity of homes, we will by no means be compromising on the quality
Annual house price inflation in estates is almost 2% higher than the national average. This is according to Pam Golding Properties which quotes the Association of Residential Communities (ARC) website which states that annual house price inflation in estates is 7.5%. Based on actual sales,
The refund of a tenant’s deposit is the most strongly contested aspect of residential rentals, with most tenants believing that any damages claimed fall under fair wear and tear, and most landlords insisting on retaining as much as possible. This is according to Vivien Marks,
Some 23.9 million South Africans are credit-active, building up a bill of total outstanding consumer credit to the tune of R1,66tn - more than half of which is mortgage debt (52%). The remaining 48% comprises of secured credit agreements, unsecured credit, and developmental and short-term